The district will be hosting a panel of guests from the Coalition for a Healthy Darke County and a program "Hidden in Plain Sight."
The panel of guests will discuss the current drug epidemic and its effect on school-aged kids. Guests for the evening include:
- Anna Hatic, D.O., Board Certified Internal Medicine, Board Eligible Addiction Medicine
- Darke County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Mark Whittaker
- Kelly Harrison, Prevention Specialist, Recovery and Wellness of Midwest Ohio
- Darke County Juvenile Court Judge Jason Aslinger
- Ian Ridgeway, Prevention and Wellness Coordinator, Tri-County Board of Recovery & Mental Health Services
Following the panel discussion, Ian Ridgeway will present "Hidden in Plain Sight". The presentation is centered around a teenager’s bedroom that is set up as part of the event to allow parents, grandparents, caregivers, teachers and other adults to explore a mock teenager’s bedroom to see and identify drug paraphernalia and hiding places along with other signs that may indicate alcohol or other drug use by a teen.
When: February 22
Time: 6:00 - 7:30
The program was made possible by the Darke County Chamber of Commerce and Coaltion for a Healthy Darke County.